The Kenya Diabetes Management and Information Centre (DMI Centre) is a not-for-profit registered medical charity founded in May 1999 with aim of educating the public about diabetes. This was in response to the alarm raised by various international and local organizations about the increase in the number of people diagnosed with diabetes.
DMI Centre provides service to people with diabetes, their caregivers, healthcare providers, the general public and other stakeholders involved in diabetes. It raises public awareness in, and for prevention, diagnosis and management of diabetes.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure effective and efficient development, management and administration of Kenya Diabetes Management and Information Centre (DMI) projects and programs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and manage program initiatives that drive achievement of organizational objectives while ensuring effective quality assurance, financial prudence, overall program integrity and compliance with donors’ and DMI Centre’s regulations.
- Establish and ensure implementation of program protocols, including governance arrangements, detailed implementation plans and a monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Develop and implement a resource mobilization plan, including writing program funding proposals and setting up a strong and efficient donor and grants management structure.
- Strategically identify risks and risk mitigation actions to ensure successful project implementation.
- Develop and manage budgets for projects and programs, manage funding channels and ensure overall sound project and program financial management.
- Maintain effective and constructive relationships with donors, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and technical support to project and program staff, foster a positive team environment, and support an environment of learning.
- Guide the development of the program’s communication strategy and manage communications with all stakeholders.
- Oversee development and implementation of an effective record keeping system.
- Prepare and submit timely and quality progress reports to DMI and donors, in the prescribed format.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Converted funding proposals
- Funds raised, including from non-traditional sources
- Projects/programs completed on time and budget
- Repeat work and referrals
- Quality of management information in the reports submitted
- Compliance with donor, partner, government and DMI requirements
- Staff turnover
Academic, Professional and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, social or health sciences or a bachelor’s degree with an advanced diploma in Project Management. Requisite experience in senior program management will be an added benefit.
- Five years’ experience working in health or related Non- Governmental Organisations (NGOs) or managing donor funded programs three of which should be preferably in mid or senior level.
- Training in and demonstratable track record in project management, fundraising and grant proposal writing.
Skills and competencies
- Proven track record in fundraising and resource mobilization;
- Knowledge and skills in program management, including monitoring and evaluation;
- Competency in report and grant proposal writing; and
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across the board with partners, people living with diabetes or related Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) and government agencies
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proactivity and ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Team playing - demonstrate respect for member organizations and partners
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online DMI - Careers by latest Monday 9th May 2022 and attach their CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card. The cover letter should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 45099-00100
Important information to all candidates
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please carry your original professional and academic certificates as well as the copies to the interviews.
Job disclaimer and notification
“Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Diabetes Management & Information Centre (DMI) is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge/ accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.”
Note: Only PDF Attachments Allowed
Offer ended on 24.04.2022