The Kenya Diabetes Management and Information Centre (DMI Centre) is a not-for-profit registered medical charity founded in May 1999 with aim of educating the public about diabetes. This was in response to the alarm raised by various international and local organizations about the increase in the number of people diagnosed with diabetes.
DMI Centre provides service to people with diabetes, their caregivers, healthcare providers, the general public and other stakeholders involved in diabetes. It raises public awareness in, and for prevention, diagnosis and management of diabetes.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure effective and efficient development, management and administration of Kenya Diabetes Management and Information Centre (DMI) projects and programs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the DMI centre.
- Assess, plan, implement nursing interventions, and evaluate patients’ outcomes.
- Triage patients.
- Dispense insulin and other care supplies.
- Provide appropriate healthcare services such as reproductive health to the youth.
- Provide health education and counseling to patients/clients and the community on identified health needs.
- Implement recommendations from research findings for improvement of care.
- Refer patients and clients appropriately.
- Maintain records on patients’ health conditions and care.
- Ensure a tidy and safe clinical environment and identify occupational health needs.
- Prepare periodic reports on project education activities.
- Any other duties as assigned by the DMI board/program manager
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Development and use of tools for planning, implementation, and reporting of project education activities.
- A number of education health sessions held for the youth.
- Accuracy and timeliness in reporting project education activities.
- A number of feedback meetings held for the patient education program.
Qualification and Experiences
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing/ Midwifery, or Kenya Registered Nursing/ Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution.
- Valid practicing license and registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya. Participated in diabetes prevention and management activities.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results. Must have attended a certified training course.
Skills and competencies
- Basic computer application skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Accountability for work planned and respects deadlines.
- Proactivity and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online to email@example.com latest on 15th March 2023 and attach their CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card. The cover letter should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 45099-00100
Important information to all candidates
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please carry your original professional and academic certificates as well as the copies to the interviews.
Job disclaimer and notification
“Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Diabetes Management & Information Centre (DMI) is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge/ accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.”
Note: Only PDF Attachments Allowed
Offer ended on 24.04.2022