- Less than 1 in 4 family members have access to diabetes education programmes.
- 1 in 2 people currently living with diabetes is undiagnosed.
- Encourage each family member to be screened for diabetes.
- The disease raises the blood sugar.
- Diabetes can cause problems with other organs.
- It can increase the risk hearth disease ,stroke and death.
Diabetes affects people from all walks life-from the very young to very old:
- Diagnostic Testing
Performed when an individual exhbits symptoms or signs of the disease.
Is to identify asymptomatic individuals who are likely to have diabetes.
Early diagnosis and treatment are key to prevent the complications of diabetes and achieve healthy outcomes.